- Begin the lesson by gathering the students and explaining the concept of a growth mindset. Emphasize that challenges are opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Play the video above
Activity Explanation: Challenge Circuit – Embracing Growth:
- Explain that the class will now participate in a physical activity that embodies the growth mindset. Introduce the Challenge Circuit, where students will face various physical challenges while embracing the principles of a growth mindset.
Challenge Circuit Stations:
- Walk across the balance beam, taking one step at a time. Emphasize the journey of progress.
2. Push-Up Zone:
- Perform push-ups. Encourage students to start with a manageable number and challenge themselves to increase it over time.
3. Hurdle Hopping:
- Jump over hurdles. Remind students that with each jump, they’re getting closer to overcoming higher hurdles.
4. Target Throwing:
- Throw beanbags at targets of varying distances. Encourage students to track their accuracy and aim for improvement.
5. Agility Ladder:
Navigate through an agility ladder, focusing on improving speed and coordination with practice.
6. Wall Sit Challenge:
- Hold a wall sit for a certain duration. Discuss the concept of endurance and gradual improvement.
Participating in the Challenge Circuit:
- Divide students into small groups and have them rotate through the Challenge Circuit stations. Encourage them to approach each challenge with a growth mindset, using positive self-talk and embracing the idea of continuous improvement.
Reflection: Celebrating Growth:
- After completing the Challenge Circuit, gather the students and provide time for reflection. Ask questions like “Which challenge did you find most challenging?” and “How did you overcome setbacks during the circuit?” Highlight the progress they made and the importance of their efforts.
- Wrap up the lesson by reinforcing the message of embracing challenges and adopting a growth mindset. Remind students that just as they improved in the Challenge Circuit, they can apply the same principles to all aspects of their lives.
By combining the video presentation with the hands-on Challenge Circuit activity, students will have a memorable and engaging experience that reinforces the concept of a growth mindset and its application in physical challenges.