The Inclusive PE Training Program is a unique initiative by UK supermarket Sainsbury’s that aims to ensure the inclusion of young disabled people in PE and school sport within mainstream schools by training PE teachers, school staff and trainee teachers throughout the UK. Below is a playlist of 8 inspiring videos on inclusion.
The program is delivered by a partnership of four Home Country disability sport organizations, with the support of the British Paralympic Association and Youth Sport Trust. Since 2012, it has provided free training to over 10,000 individuals; benefiting over a quarter of a million young people with special educational needs and disabilities across the UK.
The training programme covers a range of topics, including:
- Understanding disability
- Inclusive teaching methods
- Adapting activities
- Creating an inclusive environment
The program is designed to help participants develop the skills and knowledge they need to create inclusive PE lessons that are accessible to all young people.
The Inclusive PE Training Program is an important initiative that is helping to make PE more inclusive for all young people. By providing training to PE teachers and school staff, the program is helping to create a more accessible and welcoming environment for young people with disabilities.
If you are a PE teacher, school staff or trainee teacher, I encourage you to find out more about the Inclusive PE Training Program and how you can get involved.
Here are some of the benefits of inclusive PE:
- It helps young people with disabilities develop their physical and social skills.
- It helps young people with disabilities feel included and valued.
- It helps young people with disabilities build confidence and self-esteem.
- It helps young people with disabilities learn about different cultures and abilities.
- It helps young people with disabilities develop a lifelong love of physical activity.
If you are a parent or carer of a young person with a disability, I encourage you to talk to your child’s school about the Inclusive PE Training Program.
“I stumbled across this website researching another blog post and thought it was awesome and will dedicate a few posts to this initiative“Matt Barker. Founder JustAdaptIt.com
Leave a Reply